Thursday, March 4, 2010

Oh Snap!

Soooo. . . . . Evie's new thing is crying uncontrollably when her daddy holds her. Well, usually she is fine for like the first 2 minutes - then she starts screaming! AND as soon as I take her she stops! The first time this happened, in my mind I was thinking "Haha Evie loves her momma more!" NOW it's really annoying! Braden feels bad and he never wants to watch her now because he's afraid he won't be able to calm her down. We think maybe it's because I am with her all day and feed her and etc. Like how the heck am I going to cook dinner . . . that's right Braden is :) But if you've had any similar experiences P.L.E.A.S.E. pass on some advice. I really don't want Evie to be like this! It's SO hard! Plus I feel bad for Braden :(

4 comments:

  1. I have no advice but Myla is getting the same way. Poor Tay. It makes him feel bad but its true. She knows her Mama more than anyone, I feed her, I change her, etc. I think it'll just take time. Good luck! haha

    Whitney

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is just a phase that they go through. Mason did it where he only wanted me and he is doing it again right now where he cant stand it if I hold him when Mark is home but if Mark isnt home then Mason is ok. It's not fair for anyone! It will phase out just hang in there because it gets worse when they are older!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey I keep seeing you at the Rec Center too! The one night you waved to me I tried to come upstairs when my class got over so I could see Miss Evie and I guess you guys had already left cuz there was no stoller to be found! :) We need to hang out and catch up bad! I will let you know if I have questions for sure. Ive already had a trip to the ER when I was like 6 weeks, I learned a ton! Hopefully we wont have anything like that happen again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey it was so good to see you guys last week! I'm so sorry! Takoma did the same thing when she was Evies age. I just told Cameron she has to get over it. So he would still hold her even if she cried. Sometimes when it got really bad we just put her in her crib and closed the door(kinda like a time-out) She learned real quick and got over it. I don't know every baby is different but that's what we did and it worked out perfect for us. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete