Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Evie Grace is 11 Months Old! (wait, what!?)





I know, I say it every time . . . but I still don't believe it! How do they grow up so fast!? I can't believe that Miss Evie is almost ONE whole YEAR old! I'm trying to wrap my head around it! This past month has been a BUSY one! Evie is always on the move and it's so fun {exhausting, but very fun}! We LOVE our little bundle of spunk! This is the funnest age!
A "few" things about Evie @ 11 months old:
  • She LOVES her da da SO much! We wait on the front porch for him to get home, and when he pulls into the driveway she almost hyperventilates! {Braden LOVES it} Then she won't go back to ma ma for a good hour or so! She even has to get in the shower with him or it's CRAZY Evie!
  • Evie points at people/things and names them {ie: da da, ma ma, grrma, grrpa, bar aka car}
  • She has 3 (almost 4) teeth! They are the biggest 'baby' teeth I've ever seen! OUCH!
  • She eats anything you put in front of her! Even lemons!
  • She's SO happy!
  • She climbs the stairs!
  • She waves and says, "Bye, Bye" like a pro! And does this at least 50+ times a day!
  • LOVES being outside! Once we're out there it's hard to get her back inside without a fit! {likes eating dirt, playing in dirt, playing in my flower pots, picking/ eating grass}
  • Her pretty hair is finally coming in . . . THICK too! I'm loving having a little hair on that head to curl!
  • Understanding simple commands, like, "Evie, throw the ball!" and, "Give ma ma the keys!"

I usually have to stop myself, because this list goes ON AND ON! As far as the hearing loss goes, we have an appointment with an ENT this weekend! CAN'T WAIT! But she seems to be staying caught up, I still have a hard time believing she's hard of hearing! Kathy Johnson, Evie's hearing consultant, came over two times last week! She's such a sweet lady! She's so cute with Evie and told us so much good information! I'm glad to have resources like her!

Well, until next time . . . {which will be weird} because Evie will be ONE whole YEAR old, hopefully I'll get some other posts in before then!

Also, thinking about having a "Pinkalicious" 1st birthday party for Miss Evie! All things pink! Or maybe pink polka dots and monkeys! Or maybe a cupcake theme! Or who knows! Any fun ideas?

2 comments:

  1. I thought about a cupcake thing too! Then a sweet shop theme, but I think I'm just going with pink pink pink. You can't go wrong with PINK! ha. She is getting so BIG! Can you believe its been a whole year? Them girls make time fly. Keep us updated on Evie's hearing!

    Whit

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Pinkalicious idea! Here's another party I found the other day that I absolutely love! http://shutterbugandthesweetlife.blogspot.com/2010/08/party-part-one.html
    Check it out. It's completely monkeys :D So cute! Good luck! Little Evie is so adorable! I can't believe she's almost 1! Wow!

    ReplyDelete