Sunday, January 23, 2011

ZERO + 2 PiGgiE tails = Our week{end}

This past week, Braden and I took Evie to another appointment with her audiologist in Salt Lake City. Each time we go, I'm afraid! I am afraid to hear bad news, I'm afraid Evie won't cooperate, I'm afraid I have the appointment time wrong . . . etc! We decided to go out the night before and stay w/ Braden's brother Jed & Abby {thanks guys}, because it's so hard on Evie when we try to turn it into a one day event! Evie got to nap before her appointment and thankfully did AMAZING @ the appointment! {Sigh of relief} Evie mainly spent the appointment in the hearing booth with her daddy, because she was responding and cooperating so well! YAY! She was hearing {w/ hearing aids} things @ ZERO decibels!! So pretty much EVERYTHING :) :) :) It was so encouraging! And we could tell how confident she is w/ her hearing aids on! She's understanding that she hears better with them on and we're so proud of her!!!! The audiologist was tearing up {and possibly Braden?} because Eve was doing so well! It's been a great experience working with our audiologist! She's wonderful! Below is a chart that kind of puts things into perspective . . . (without hearing aids Eve hears @ 45 dB and higher - the Banana shape is where most of the speech sounds are)
On another note . . . Evie is now sporting some adorable piggie tails!!! HER 1st ONES! Her hair has been long enough to do them for a while, but I just never did it. It's a bittersweet thing - she looks totally grown up! But they are So SO sO adorable!

(Intently watching a show from nickjr.com {it's my saving grace})

1 comment:

  1. she is absolutely adorable!! I'm SO glad she is doing so well! You're such a good mommy!

    ReplyDelete