Monday, January 24, 2011

Communication!

Evie has been watching this DVD {Baby Einsteins's "My First Signs"} on a daily basis. Possibly an unhealthy amount of times a day, but she LOVES it!!! I would HIGHLY recommend this DVD to anyone and everyone w/ babies and/or toddlers who are learning to speak. It keeps her attention better than any show she watches! The BEST part of all is that she's learned almost every sign on the video and will tell me and sign what she wants! It's SO COOL! Evie is telling and signing:
  • Milk
  • Drink
  • Cereal
  • Eat
  • Mommy
  • Daddy
  • Sleep (which is SO awesome that she can communicate this to us)
  • Ball (she is constantly screaming the word ball everytime she see's one!)
  • Bath (after breakfast she signs/says 'bath' - COOL!!)
  • Play

My favorite are eat and sleep! It's so awesome to me (and her) that she can tell me these things and I understand! It's actually pretty cool that she can tell me all those things period! Even if I can't understand what she is trying to say, I understand what she is signing! YAY! I have to admit, when I first had Evie that was THE hardest thing for me, having a lack of communication! I'm loving that we can communicate so well!

4 comments:

  1. That is awesome! When I have children I definitely want them to learn how to sign! I bet that makes the communication so much easier to know when she wants to sleep =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so awesome! I'm heard of it but I wasn't sure if it was all that but now that you've said it works i'm going to try and buy it! I really want Takoma to sign to me since I can't understand her all the time. Hope everything is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey whit whats your phone number I want to start doing playdates. Takoma needs to be around other kids her age.

    ReplyDelete