Saturday, February 5, 2011

Park City "Staycation"









Last weekend Braden and I planned a spur of the moment snowboarding/skiing trip . . . minus baby Evie! It was great :) SOOO relaxing and FUN! We totally lucked out with an awesome room @ the Summit Watch Resort by Marriott! I booked our room on my BB on our way out of Vernal! I use the Marriott friends and family discount that my aunt gives us - we usually just stay wherever is cheap. Well, I booked a room here for $$ {you'd hate me if I told you}, and wa la! We got the keys to our room and to our GREAT surprise it was a GIANT suite! Including a fireplace, two flat screen TVs, giant bathtub w/ built in seats, laundry room, kitchen, dining room, living room, separate bedroom . . . awesomeness!
The next day we went to The Canyons and skiid/snowboarded all day! It's honestly weird to be able to spend two days just worrying about eachother - no baby! Weird in a good way! We tried to soak up every minute - time just seems to fly extra fast when you're on a "mom and dad" only trip!
We did miss Evie VERY much! Seeing all the little kids skiing and hearing their little voices made us wish we could have brought Evie girl. We had so much fun riding the ski lift up and listening to the little kids below taking lessons: "Why are you calling all of us little man!?", "Snowplowing is awesome!", "I don't even want to go over there, but I can't stop!" . . . . ya it was great!

1 comment: