Monday, February 14, 2011

The Annoying Valentine . . . :)


We are celebrating Valentines tonight w/ our little family! Evie and I got some cute Valentine outfits and are making a special dinner for Braden. I'll post about that later - for now . . . I have to tell the tale of my 7th or maybe 8th grade Valentine! I'm dying laughing. Enjoy!
In 7th/8th grade it wasn't really dating - it was "going out". Well I told my friend, who told her friend that I thought {boy} was adorable! She told her friend, who told {boy}. And wha laa, we were "going out", which consisted of sitting by each other between classes, writing notes, the occasional {and very awkward} holding hands, a possible phone call a few times a week. So THE very next day happened to be Valentines Day. {Boy} shows up to school with a pink box for me, which happens to be a pink Victoria's Secret box . . . I was FREAKING OUT! Victoria's Secret!? I am 14ish years old! So I avoided him as long as possible that morning. Finally he tracked me down (can you imagine my humiliation - having to open a Victoria's Secret box in the 'commons' where EVERY ONE in the school was - and what if it was some pink undies or something! WHY would he do that! Beyond humiliating - at this point I already wanted to "dump" him because I was so embarrassed.)
So, it ended up being one of those little sets of lotions, soaps, body wash, bath salt - like the $5.00 K-Mart special . . . how romantic . . . . I'm really not the 'romantic' type, frankly the fact that he got me something for Valentines on our second day "going out" was not my cup of tea. So, now I'm ANNOYED! (I'm not that hard to live with anymore, promise!)
Anyways - we plan an ice skating night. All my friends come - all his friends come. Parents drop us off, parents pick us up. Well, turns out {boy} can't ice skate very well. ANNOYED! What boy has to hold on to the side of the rink while ice skating - not a very cool one! So - dumped him the next day via a note dropped in his locker! Brutal, I know.
Happy Valentines! Hope you have a great one!
XOXOXO

1 comment:

  1. you seriously dumped a boy because he couldn't skate? lol! That is hilarious. One of my very favorite things is to watch my kids- especially LK- skate.

    ReplyDelete