Friday, December 18, 2009

HE? is so cute!


Sometimes I read way to into things. And this is one of those things . . . I know. But still! I was at the rec. center the other night for a family Christmas party that my grandma does every year. Evie was dressed in her Santa dress and looked seriously ADORABLE! The little Santa hat (that even had a flower on it) that went with the dress wasn't the most comfortable thing in the world so I took it off her towards the end of the night. After the party we got Evie all loaded up in the car seat - snug as a bug! We were heading out the door and I ran into a lady from our ward. She hadn't seen Evie and apparently didn't know we'd even had her yet. So she took a peak and says, "HE is so cute!". Not even kidding my heart broke right at that very moment! I was so distraught that I didn't even tell her SHE'S A GIRL! Honestly I didn't really know what to say - I just said "it was good to see you" and walked out the door. When Braden and I got to the car I kept asking him "she doesn't look like a boy, does she?" - Braden says "Whitney you can't even tell with babies this small" - OH YES YOU CAN i'm thinking. My baby girl is too beautiful to be a baby boy! Anyways now I feel VERY dumb that I didn't tell the lady that she's a girl and my plan is to dress her in the CUTEST DRESS and BOW and SHOES when we finally go back to church. Poor lady is going to feel so bad! HAHA that is evil . . . isn't it? And I'm over the whole thing now so don't anyone worry :) Honestly does this picture look like a boy to you? Hmmm wow this is a hard one . . . .

3 comments:

  1. She is a gorgeous girly girl! never fails someone says it but dont worry we know Evie is a she ;) cute as can be

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sad =(. I'm sorry. I'm sure that'll happen to me sometime... I'll cry too ha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahah I totally understand what you mean. You're baby is gorgeous and it's true baby girls are more beautiful than baby boys! The lady was probably not paying proper attention because it's obvious that she's a beautiful girl.

    ReplyDelete