Thursday, June 3, 2010

Grandma and Grandpa Thomson's 50th Wedding Anniversary!

(Note: Even if you don't read this post - scroll down and look at the last picture. It will put a smile on your face!)

May 22nd and 23rd we celebrated my grandparent's (my mom's mom and dad) 50th Anniversary in Salt Lake City! It was such a fun trip! All of my mom's siblings were able to be there except one. We all stayed at the Grand America, went to the Desert Star Theater, ate at Bucca de Beppo, and then had Sunday Brunch at the Little America. I think my grandparent's felt so special.
So back to dinner at Bucca de Beppo - it was delish! For those of you who don't know, they bring the food out 'family style' so you have TONS of food. We ended up leaving with two GIANT bags full of food. My mom really - and I mean REALLY wanted to take all the food to some homeless people. So we drove around downtown SLC until we found someone . . . 20 mins later we found this guy and gave him ALL the food! He'll be eatin' good for a while! My youngest brother and our cousin were sitting in the back seat saying, "Why is it that when you're not looking for hobo they are everywhere, and now that we're looking for them - there nowhere to be found!"
Later that night when everyone was settling down. I called room service for a crib. A few minutes later they come door. To my surprise they bring up a crib . . a rocking chair, a diaper genie, all kinds of lotions and soaps, a baby bath and a bottle warmer! I was like geez! I wish I lived like this all the time!
Anyways . . .
So I drove out there all by myself ( to Salt Lake) with Evie! Braden wasn't able to take work off, and I really wanted to be there for this special event! So I just waited for miss Eve to fall asleep and as soon as she did I hopped in the truck and drove as fast as I dared! She actually slept all the way to Heber! I was amazed and thankful! I had decided to come out a day early and stay with my grandma Sandy and aunties Lexus and Lacey in Prove so the trip wouldn't be so long for Evie. It was so good to see those 3 girlies! Evie was eating up all that attention. She's so funny! Here are a few pictures from our adventure!

Dinner @ Bucca
Miss Evie and I

Grand America
Cy (my youngest bro). . . . he is freaking hilarious!

No comments:

Post a Comment