Friday, April 5, 2013

Easter

 Easter
This is the first year we decorated Easter eggs with Evie! I have a little thing called anxiety (only with really random things that would make you laugh) and it was the first time I dared get out the Easter dye and my child in the same space LOL! Except the ironic thing about that is that I was the one who spilled a cup of yellow dye all over the table :/ (I'm sort of known for that in my family . . . I spill my drink at least 3 times a week . . . WHY!?)
Evie is such a creative girl! She is going to be a talented artist like her Great Grandma Marianne! Her new favorite thing is to draw faces. She was having a hard time with the paint on the eggs but I think it looks awesome! She draws all these faces and then imitates them for me. Crazy face, happy face, silly face, mad face, scared face! You name it!
Braden also discovered he had a hidden talent for coloring Easter eggs. HEWASLOVINGIT ;)
 
Evie + Kai
 
 

EASTER BUNNY CAME! Evie was so excited for the EB to come this year! Holidays become so magical again when you have little ones!
 
QUESTION: How do you celebrate Easter? Next year I want ours to be a little more Christ centered! It's so easy to forget the meaning behind these holidays!


1 comment:

  1. Love the imitating of the faces! haha so cute! So I heard this from a friend which I thought was so fun and a great way to center Easter a little more around Christ. Their family numbers strips of paper that tell the Easter Story, then put them in eggs and hide them along with the other candy filled eggs. Once everyone has found their eggs they all open them up and put the story together and read it as a family. Cute huh? I am so doing that when I have my own kiddos.

    ReplyDelete