Thursday, April 29, 2010

Happy Anniversary to us!

Braden and I have been married for two years! Whoa! I can't believe it - but at the same time I can. We went out to dinner and Braden got me beautiful flowers and a new WillowTree statue to add to my collection! I LOVE being married. Braden always makes married life interesting and fun/ funny! He is so fun to be around.
Braden and I first met in December '06. CRAZY! Braden was home for Christmas and was living in Las Vegas at the time. My best friend Marci (VanTassell) Modde set us up on a blind date. We roasted marshmallows at Zach Modde's parents house up Dry Fork Canyon and watched the movie "A Cinderella Story" (the boxing movie). Two years later in February '08 Braden proposed in the same place we'd had our first date! Except I was so fooled! Zach's parents had sold their house up Dry Fork and Marci called me and said that Braden and Zach needed to go get some tables that his parents had left up there during the moving process. I was ANNOYED because we were all supposed to go to the movies that night. Marci came and picked me up and we were going to have a "girls night". Then Marci said, "Why don't we go up and see what those guys are up to!" So we get to his house and Zach was outside and he told me to walk down by the fire pit because that's where Braden was. So I start making the hike to the fire pit - it was pitch black. Braden heard me coming and thought I was a deer! haha! Then as I got closer there were candles and roses all over! Braden played a song he'd written for me on his guitar then PROPOSED! I was so shocked/ excited/ cold/ happy/ excited! :) Best proposal ever! We got married April 26th, 2008!

Side note: When we went back to my house to tell my fam the good news I will never forget what my mom told my 2 little brothers, "Guys!! Do you know what this means??!! Braden is going to be your brother!!!!" . . . . . . Love her :)

3 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! Ours is April 25, 2008! I totally forgot you guys got married the day after us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! It's so fun to look back on things like that! Im glad your so happy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! That's so cute! Time flies sometimes doesn't it! That's awesome.

    ReplyDelete