Monday, January 18, 2010

Evie the Dryer Sleeper . . .

New Discovery! Ok well not exactly a "new" discovery but it is for us! Everyone has been telling me to put my colicky Evie on top of the dryer to calm her down. I never tried it because I was afraid I'd have to sit by the dryer all day so she wouldn't shake right off! Well . . . Braden and I were cleaning the house up over the weekend and we just set her in her car seat and put it on top of the dryer while doing laundry. She slept the WHOLE cycle! Like through the washing machine then through the dryer! She loved the vibration from them! I think it has the same effect of being in the car! I'm amazed! AND it doesn't vibrate right off either, the car seat has these little grips on the bottom and it sticks right in place! YES! While I'm getting ready for work in the morning I just switch my laundry and set her on top of the dryer and she sleeps! It's awesome! :) This also helps me with one of my new years resolutions - Keep up with my laundry! YEAH!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Whit! What a fun trick! I've never heard that one before. A trick that someone told me is when she wakes up in the middle of the night to eat, when you take her out of her crib or bassinet, put a heating pad down with one of your shirts on top of it. Then when you go to put her back down, remove the pad and shirt and she'll nuzzle to her bed because its warm and smells like you. Works like a charm for Myla!

    Whit

    ReplyDelete